Recently I came across a web-site for Biblical based bereavement support. The web-site allowed me to type in my zip code and showed a support group in my area, only 15 minutes away. This is a program for individuals who have lost a loved one (ie, not a pet). Here is how this program works:
- All participants go through curriculum based support material.
- It lasts for 13 weeks.
- When the 13 week program is over, many participants find that they have made close friends and even choose to attend another program.
- There is a minimal cost for materials.
- You can join any time, but are encouraged to start at the beginning of the session, in order to gain the most benefit.
- The views in this particular program are of the Christ centered community, but people of all faiths have joined and share that they have learned helpful information and tips.
- Meetings are held at churches or locations such as the public library.