Archive for category Just For Fun
Did you know that Spain has over 100,000 individuals over 100? They are the leading country with centenarians -after Japan. For some tips from those over 100, on how to live a long life, read this article!
This is one of the most touching videos I have ever seen. It reminds me that there are so many people in our community that are lonely (particularly seniors who live alone) and how much a human connection means. We all need to “adopt” someone like Dan.
Did you know that if you are 65 or older you can vote early by mail or in person at your county voter’s registration office? You can, and I had no idea this list existed. I called our county office today (here in South Carolina) and they said certain individuals can vote early from Oct. 11- Nov. 7. Wow! Seniors, the disabled, and caretakers should take advantage of this opportunity!
You can vote early by mail or in person if you meet one of the following qualifications:
- You’re in the military and you’re a spouse or dependent who is outside of their county of residence on Election Day, Nov 8
- You’re serving with the American Red Cross or with the United Service Organizations who are serving with the Armed Forces outside of your county of residence, or you’re a spouse or dependent who lives with them
- You’re a citizen living overseas
- You’re physically disabled
- You’re a student who’s away at school you’re a spouse or dependent who lives with them
- You’ll be away on Election Day, Nov 8, because of your job
- You’re a government employees who’s serving outside of your county on Election Day, Nov 8, or you’re a spouse or dependent who lives with them
- You’re on vacation on Election Day, Nov 8
- You’re serving on a jury on Election Day, Nov 8
- You’re admitted to the hospital for an emergency starting Nov 4 through Election Day, Nov 8
- You have a death or funeral in the family on or after Nov 5
- You’re in jail or in a pre-trial facility
- You’re a caretaker for sick or disabled people
- You’re a certified poll watcher, poll manager, or county election official working on Election Day, Nov 8
- You’re 65 or older